Ruby, Ruby, Ruby
- Introducing Ruby Douglas -
An almost 7 year old; adventurer, artist, outdoor action girl, gardner, explorer and inspiration.
Artist Ruby Draws from the Surrounding Landscape
A big thanks to Ruby and her mum Sarah Douglas for sharing the drawing above and photo gallery of some of Ruby's regular adventures and activities in #Robroycountry.
Ruby drew the above picture at Monachyle Mhor in Balquhidder, whilst spectating at The Hidden Glen 10k running event. The lovely drawing also appears on the front cover of The BLS Villagers Newspaper for May 2018, in LETi's Year of Young People monthly column.
This photo shows Ruby in creative contentment, expressing her version of the hills around Monachyle Mhor with paper and pencils. Thank you Ruby for sharing your lovely drawing.
#YOYP2018 celebrates 8-26 year olds that live in Scotland. Strathyre Primary School girl Ruby will be 7 this year, however, LETi is happy to show off any young artist of the future, who is inspired by the magic of our village landscapes.
Adults often moan about young people spending too much time on digital devices. There are many fantastic reasons to have them e.g. learning and global communication. The world has evolved to depend on digital technology. Future jobs will require knowledge of devices, skills in digital media and application writing - never mind the Robotics Era that is looming.
Having said all that, how refreshing and encouraging to see all the things that Ruby get's up to. Experiences that will enrich her life learning and health.
The world is full of wonderful things to do, try, hear, see, taste, smell and touch.
That is how people have learned about life from the beginning of time.
Ruby seems to be in touch with her senses.
Ruby and her mum look like they enjoy trying new things and exploring new places.
They also turn up to support local events in the community.
Ruby the Gardener
What else is on Ruby's bucket list?
Maybe she will write or illustrate the book "Ruby's Adventures" some day or direct the film.
Ruby The Explorer
Whatever Ruby experiences next or chooses to do with her life, we hope that she never loses her sense of adventure and that sunny smile.
Ruby & Friends on The BLiSS Art Trail - Drover's Bho Strathyre
Ruby's Forest Adventures Ruby and Mum on Top of The World
Ruby Castle Hunter and Rock Climber
Ruby and her Mum Together Enjoying This Colourful World
Other local YOYP2018 stories
- Creative Writing: Midnight Meadows by 9 yearl Old Iona Clark from St Fillans
- Sports for Health: Mini Stuc' 2018 - Annual race featuring 1km club primary school children from rural Stirling schools that surround Strathyre Primary School
- Robotics Technology - EEP Tomorrows Engineers - Matthews logical mind helps the team of 4 win the UK trophy
- Storytelling - School Girls Tell BLiSS stories on the new GPS enabled Geotourist world tour app -available to download on a smart phone
- Outdoor adventure -Kays Winter Wonderland in Glen Ogle - The great outdoors are good for the body, mind and soul.